ALSO: Expo, Event Marketer, Event Design, ProMedia Travel, Front Row DMC, Premier Meetings Exchange, Meeting Professionals International's One+ magazine, American Salon, American Spa, Medical Spa Report, Travel Agent, Film & Video, AV Video Multimedia Producer, Tape Disc Business, Meeting News, Leisure Travel News, Computer Systems News, Electronic Engineering Times, Electronic News, The Buildings Journal, Meeting Mentor, DND Group, DraftSite.com and American Druggist.
What sets Jim apart?
* Forward Thinking. I have been able to recognize changes and trends early, act upon them with appropriate solutions, and deliver those solutions to the marketplace.
* Results. I am determined to help customers achieve their objectives -- being creative and flexible enough to customize the right program for the right client.
* Excellence. I strive to do my job better than anyone else. My titles and brands have energized their audiences and delivered for their customers.
* Fun. I love what I do. And I believe that my passion, enthusiasm and commitment are reflected in my work.
Other success stories:
* Rebuilt an events-industry website as a product search tool, boosting revenue from zero to more than $500,000 in less than two years.
* Got a hotel company to spend $150,000 on a technology supplement that had nothing to do with its business but was crucial to its audience.
* Helped take an event technology company from relative unknown status to a significant industry presence with extensive press coverage, wide-scale participation at industry events, numerous speaking opportunities, and major new lead generation and pipeline expansion.
*Repositioned a weekly travel magazine and website from an outdated news orientation to the concept of helping its readers sell more and sell smarter.
*Gained the lion's share of business from a travel destination by building an online, print and live strategy that associated them with their emphasis on creativity. Developed the industry's first study that measured the effects of creativity on career advancement.
* Recognizing that most corporate meetings occur close to company headquarters, developed a set of regional meeting guides to serve a more local sector (generated $1 million annually).
* Enhanced a beauty products distributor's catalog by creating an upfront editorial section to lock in its readers (netted $315,000 in first year).
* Was able to recognize the early trend toward High Definition and develop an HD supplement that limited advertiser sponsorship to one company per category, thus heightening their interest (worth $150,000 annually).
* Identified changes in the optical disc manufacturing market and re-engineered an aging monthly magazine into a successful newsletter.
* Created a series of live one-day educational events in major cities to help corporations save business travel expenses (brought in $100,000 a year).
* Expanded an event brand's sole trade show and conference offering to two new cities, generating close to $200,000 in first year.